350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda (sieved)
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
300ml / ½ pint Milk
125g Carton Yoghurt (Natural or Hazelnut)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put wholemeal, wheat bran, sugar, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Add the oil, milk and yoghurt and stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite “wet”.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Bread cuts better if left until the next day.
Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes or sesame seeds on top of dough before baking, or mix the following in with the dry ingredients :
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Apricots (chopped)
- 80g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds