175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Butter or Margarine
175g/6oz Cater Sugar
Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Coffee dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of hot water
150ml/ 1/4pt Strong Black Coffee
3 to 4 Tablespoons Whiskey
170ml Carton Cream
1 Tablespoon Whiskey
Flake Bar (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and base line a 20cms/8” deep cake tin.
- Put all the ingredients for the cake into a large mixing bowl and beat until mixture is smooth. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 40 minutes until risen and when gently pressed the cake ‘springs’ back.
- Remove from tin and leave on a wire tray to cool. Wash and dry cake tin.
- Dissolve the sugar slowly in the coffee, boil for one minute then, remove from heat and stir in the whiskey.
- When cake is cold return cake to the clean tin, pour coffee syrup over the cake and allow to ‘stand’ for a few hours.
- Whip the cream and stir in the whiskey, remove the cake from the tin and cover with the whipped cream. Chill in the fridge. Sprinkle with the crushed Flake bar.