225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
25g/1oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
4 Tablespoons Water (approx.)
Jam (Raspberry, Apricot, Lemon Curd)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a bun tin.
- Put the flour and sugar into a bowl, rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and sufficient water to mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a floured board and gently roll on the flour.
- Roll out dough to 3mm/one eight of an inch. Cut into rounds with a 7½cms/3” cutter. Place the rounds in the bun tin and prick well with a fork.
- Put into preheated oven for 10 minutes, remove from oven and place a teaspoon of your favourite jam into each. Return to the oven for a further 10 to 15 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to ‘stand for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire tray to cool.