For Valentines Day
Ingredients125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature) 125g/4oz Caster Sugar 100 Packet Shamrock Ground Almonds Chocolate Butter Filling 50g/2oz Plain or Milk Chocolate 25g/1oz butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease one large or two small baking trays.
- Beat Butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Work in the flour and ground almonds until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Break away 20 pieces of the dough and shape into balls.
- Arrange on the baking tray or trays, leaving a little room between them!
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven leave on tray to ‘set’ then transfer to wire tray to get cold.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Leave to cool.
- When the biscuits are cold, use the chocolate butter to sandwich them together.