- 175g / 6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 50g / 2oz Odlums Oat Bran
- 50g / 2oz Sunflower Margarine
- 4 tablespoons Rowse Honey
- Rind and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 heaped teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 level teaspoon Nutmeg
- 150m / 1/4 pint Milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line a Swiss Roll tin 26cm x 16cm/10″ x 6″ with baking parchment or greaseproof paper that is lightly greased.
- Gently heat the margarine and 3 tablespoons of the Rowse honey until melted.
- Remove from the heat, reserve 1 tablespoon of the juice and add the rest with the lemon rind to the saucepan.
- Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and oat bran to the melted mixture, finally add the milk and eggs. Mix all the ingredients well together.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Spread evenly and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Mix together the reserved honey and lemon juice and drizzle over the cake while warm. Cool in the tin, then cut into fingers to serve.