275g/10oz Odlums Cream plain Flour
225ml/8fl oz Milk
100ml/4floz Vegetable Oil
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
Rind of 2 Lemons
For the topping
Juice of 1 Lemon
225g/8oz Icing Sugar (approx)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sieve the flour, caster sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Add the lemon rind and mix well.
- In a jug beat together the milk, oil and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients and roughly mix together, do not beat!
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.
- Make the lemon drizzle topping by mixing together the lemon juice and enough icing sugar to make a thick pouring icing.
- Spoon over the cooled muffins and store in an airtight container.