50g/2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g/2oz butter (room temperature)
Rind of 2 Lemons
Juice of 2 Lemons
3 Eggs (separated)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350F/Gas 4. Lightly grease an ovenproof baking dish or pudding bowl. Have a tray that the dish will fit into half filled with hot water!
- Put the butter, sugar and lemon rind into a large bowl and beat until combined, next, beat in the lemon juice, egg yolks, flour and milk one at a time until mixture resembles a batter!
- Beat the egg whites until firm but not stiff and fold into the batter like mixture.
- Pour into the prepared dish, put the dish into the container of hot water and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown and ‘set’
- Remove the dish from the tray dust with icing sugar and serve hot with or without cream.
When cutting into this pudding you will have a sponge on top and lovely gooey lemon sauce underneath!!