175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Margarine (room temperature)
175g/6oz Shamrock Dark Muscavado Sugar
2 Level Tablespoons Cocoa blended with
2 Tablespoons Boiling Water (allow to cool)
50g/2oz Shamrock Ground Almonds
3 Tablespoons Milk
1 Rounded Tablespoon Cocoa
225g/8oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
Shamrock Cherries and Angelica
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line 2 x 17cms/7″ sandwich tins with greaseproof paper.
- To make the cake: Using the All-in-One method put all the cake ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Place half the mixture in each of the prepared tins. Bake for about 25 minutes until risen and springs back when gently touched.
- Turn onto a wire tray, remove the paper and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing: Place the butter, milk and cocoa into a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until butter is melted, do not allow to boil.
- Leave to cool.
- Put the sieved icing sugar into a bowl and add the cooled mixture. Beat until smooth. Leave to get cold before using.
- Sandwich the cakes with half the icing. Spread the remaining icing on top and swirl with a knife or fork.
- Decorate with cherries and angelica.