Ingredients:125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
Rind of 1 Lemon
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
200g/7oz Pink & White Marshmallows
To dustIcing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°/350°/Gas 4. Grease and base line a swiss roll tin 28cms x 18cms/11″ x 7″ with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and lemon rind into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla essence, ground almonds and egg. Finally add the flour and mix well.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, spread evenly with the back of a spoon dipped in flour or fingertips dipped in flour. Prick top with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool.
- Spread the cookie base with a layer of jam. Cut the marshmallows in half using a scissors, arrange. Arrange them, cut side down in an even layer over the jam. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Put the tin under the grill for 2 minutes until marshmallows are melted and pale golden. Remove from under the grill and press down each marshmallow with the back of a spoon to form a layer. Return to the grill for a further minute until the surface is very toasted.
- Leave to cool. To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar and cut into squares or bars and remove from the tin.
A delicious contrast of textures and flavours