- 1 Packet Odlums Bake Your Own Classic Sponge Cake Mix
- 425g Tin Lustre Pineapple Rings
- 50g/2oz Margarine (melted)
- 50g/2oz Brown Sugar
- crème Fraiche
- Sprig of mint
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lightly grease a large 6 cup muffin tray.
- Drain pineapples: reserve juice and make up the 200ml (for cake mix) with water if necessary.
- Divide the sugar evenly between the muffin cups, then pour into each the melted margarine, again having it evenly divided.
- Arrange a pineapple ring over the sugar mixture in each cup.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, replacing water with reserved juice. Evenly pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Cut top off each bun. Loosen edges with a knife and turn onto serving plate.
- Serve each cake with a dollop of crème fraiche with the top of the bun and a sprig of mint sitting on it.
If muffin tin is not available, use ordinary bun tin and just half a pineapple ring in each cup.