Ingredients:225g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
50g / 2oz Margarine
150ml / 1/4pt Milk
Topping1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Dessertspoonful Tomato Puree
Dried Mixed Herbs
You will also need2 flat baking trays
fat for greasing
a mixing bowl and wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease two flat baking trays.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Rub in the margarine until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix to a soft dough. Roll dough on a lightly floured board or table and then divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Press each piece of dough into a thin 15cms/ 6″ round and transfer to the prepared trays.
- In a small bowl mix the tinned tomatoes and the puree together and spoon over each pizza round, spreading it out evenly to the edges.
- Then, layer with your favourite toppings (see above).
- Finally, if liked, sprinkle with mixed herbs.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Serve hot with a salad.