225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Margarine/ Butter
4-6 scallions (finely chopped)
125g/4oz Cooked Ham (cut into cubes)
225g/4oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 Tomatoes (sliced)
Salt & Pepper
25g/1oz Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Pre-heated oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
- Sieve flour, salt & pepper into a bowl, coarsely rub in the margarine/butter. Add sufficient water to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead.
- Roll out pastry and use to line swiss roll tin 28cm x 18cm / 11”x 9” with the pastry.
- Place scallions, ham and cheese into the pastry. Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Beat eggs and milk together and add salt and pepper. Pour gently into pastry. Sprinkle with parmesan, if used.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cut into slices and serve hot or cold with a green salad.
Top Tip: These slices are ideal lunch-box fillers!