Filling150ml / 1/4 pint Water
50g / 2oz Brown Sugar
250g pack Shamrock Dates (chopped)
Crust225g / 8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150g / 5oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
150g / 5oz Brown Sugar
175g / 6oz Butter (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a swiss roll tin 28cms x 18cms (11″ x 7″).
- Put the water, sugar and dates into a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and comes to the boil. Allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients for the crust into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press half the crust into the prepared tin. Spoon filling over the base and sprinkle the remaining crust on top. Press down well.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until browned.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.