Ingredients:275g/10oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g/4oz half fat Butter (low fat)
125g/4oz Demerara Sugar
4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
Finely grated Rind of 1 Orange
3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a Swiss Roll Tin (20cms x30cms/8″ x 12″) with greaseproof paper.
- Put butter, sugar and syrup into a saucepan and heat gently until sugar has dissolved.
- Put the oatflakes, orange rind, sesame seeds and cinnamon into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and mix thoroughly until all the oats are moistened.
- Transfer to prepared tin, smooth top and press firmly and evenly into the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. When cold store in an airtight tin.