200g/7oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1Teaspoon Baking Powder
170ml Carton Fresh Cream
Plums (halved and pitted)
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a tin or pyrex dish 25cms x 18cms/10″ x 7″ approx.
- Put the flour, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cream and 1 egg. Bring together to form a dough.
- Press into bottom of prepared tin and arrange plums over the top.
- Bake initially for 25 minutes. While cake is baking, in a bowl combine the remaining cream, caster sugar, vanilla essence and egg together. Beat well.
- Pour liquid over the plums and bake for a further 20 minutes until custard is set. Serve warm or cold. Store in a fridge.
This recipe can also be made in a 20cms/8″ deep flan tin.