125g / 4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
Good Pinch of Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
25g / 1oz Margarine
1 Egg (beaten)
150ml / 1/4pt Skimmed Milk
1 Small Dessert Apple (peeled, cored and finely chopped)
3 Tablespoons Raspberries Fresh or Frozen (lightly crushed)
Low Fat Cooking Spray
- Sieve the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a bowl and rub in the margarine.
- Make a hollow in the centre and add the egg and the milk. Beat until mixture becomes a smooth batter.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a non stick pan with the low fat cooking spray and heat over a moderate heat.
- Stir the fruit into the batter. Drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook until the surface is covered with bubbles. Turn and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Keep the drop scones warm and moist in a clean tea towel while cooking remainder.
- Serve fresh from the pan with low fat yogurt.