125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Shamrock Brown Sugar
125g/4oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
Rind of 1 Orange
6–8 Stalks of Rhubarb, cleaned and chopped
4 tablespoons Sugar
Juice of 1 Orange
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas5. Lightly grease an ovenproof pie dish, pyrex bowl or casserole dish.
- Put the rhubarb, sugar and orange juice into a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes until rhubarb breaks down and softens.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble by putting the flour, brown sugar, orange rind and oatflakes into a bowl. Add the margarine and rub into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the stewed rhubarb to the greased dish, spread the crumble mixture over this and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with custard, cream or ice cream.