225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
Melted chocolate in Piping Bag
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease baking tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and gently add flour and stir until mixture forms dough
- Wrap tightly in cling film and refrigerate for about an hour. Then, lightly knead on a well floured surface. Roll out to about 10mm/quarter inch in thickness. Use a scone cutter or glass to cut out the cookies/shortbread.
- Place on the pre-heated tray and Put into the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes until just golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to ‘set’ on tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold, draw scary faces draw scary faces with piped melted chocolate