Ingredients:100g bar plain or milk chocolate, chopped 75g/3oz Shamrock Ground Almonds 75g/3oz cake or trifle sponge crumbs 75g/3oz icing sugar 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or rum or brandy 4 tablespoons double cream
CoatingMelted chocolate (white, plain or milk) 50g/2oz cocoa powder, chopped nuts, coconut or chocolate vermicelli
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot, not boiling, water or in a microwave oven.
- In a large bowl, mix the crumbs, sugar, ground almonds and brandy until combined, then gradually add the melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Stir in the cream.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour until firm enough to handle.
- Take teaspoons of the chilled mixture and roll into balls – you should get about 30.
- Dip the balls into melted chocolate and cover with the coating of your choice, while the chocolate is still tacky.
- Use white chocolate and coconut liqueur instead of rum or brandy and roll in coconut.
Makes 30 truffles