Base175g / 6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour 50g / 2oz Butter (room temperature) 75g / 3oz Icing Sugar (sieved) 1 Egg
Crumble Topping75g / 3oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 50g / 2oz Butter 50g / 2oz Light Brown Sugar 50g / 1/2 packet Flaked Almond
Mincemeat1 packet. (375g) Shamrock Gourmet Luxury Mixed Fruit 1 Apple (grated) 1 packet (100g) chopped Mixed Nuts 1 Lemon - grated Rind and Juice 1 Orange - grated Rind and Juice 1 teaspoon Mixed Spice 2 tablespoon Whiskey or Brandy
- Place flour, butter and icing sugar into a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add the egg and another quick buzz should bring all the ingredients together, making a soft dough.
- Press into a greased baking tray 28cm x 18cm (11″ x 7″).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Set aside for about 40 minutes to allow the fruit to absorb most of the liquid.
- Spread evenly onto base.
- Place the flour and butter into the food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and flaked almonds and sprinkle mixture over mincemeat. Press down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for about 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Cool in tin and cut into slices.