175g/6oz Odlums Cream Flour
Salt & Pepper
Cold Water (about 4 tablespoons)
3 Scallions (finely chopped)
Good pinch of dried Mixed Herbs
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Black Pepper and Salt
Milk to Glaze
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.
- Sieve flour, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Coarsely rub in the margarine.
- Add sufficient water to make a soft, but not sticky dough. Place on a floured surface and lightly knead. Cover and chill while making the filling.
- Put the sausagemeat into a bowl and mix in the scallions, mixed herbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Roll the pastry into a rectangle and cut down the centre to form two long strips.
- Divide the sausagemeat in half and, with some flour, form into two rolls the same length as the pastry.
- Put a roll of sauseagemeat down each strip of pastry and roll. Seal each edge with a little milk. Cut into individual rolls. Place on the baking sheet and brush over a little milk to glaze. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve either hot or cold.