225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
25g/1oz Ground Almonds (optional)
4 to 5 tablespoons Water
1 tablespoon Odlums Cream Flour
2 Nectarines (stoned and sliced)
2 small Eating Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
50g/2oz Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a large flat baking sheet.
- Put the flour and ground almonds, if used, into a mixing bowl. Add the margarine and rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sufficient water to bring together to form a soft dough. Cover and allow to “rest” while making up the filling.
- Mix the flour, sugar and fruit together well.
- Put the pastry onto a floured board and roll out to about a 30cm/12″ round. Transfer to the prepared tin.
- Place the fruit mixture in the centre of the pastry and spread to within 3″ of the edge. Dot the fruit with the butter. Bring the pastry up around the edge to encase the fruit!
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes until crust is golden brown. Cover the centre with some greaseproof paper if fruit is over browning.
- Serve with ice cream or pouring cream.