225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
125g/4oz Granulated Sugar
Grated Rind of 1 Orange
Fresh Fruit in Season#
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease baking tray.
- Cream the butter, sugar and orange rind until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and stir in the flour until mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Wrap tightly in cling film and refrigerate for about an hour. Then, lightly knead on a well floured surface. Roll out to about 10mm/quarter inch in thickness. Use a scone cutter or glass to cut out the cookies/shortbread.
- Place on the prepared trays and return to the fridge for about an hour, this prevents them spreading during baking!
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes until just golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to ‘set’ on tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold, store in an airtight tin.
- To Assemble: Sandwich two biscuits with the whipped cream. Dust top liberally with icing sugar and top with fruit of your choice!!