225g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
375g packet of Fruit Mix
300ml / 1/2 pint cold Tea
125g / 4oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
Good pinch Mixed Spice
- Place fruit and tea in bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- Add sugar, egg, flour and mixed spice and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased and base lined 900g/2lb loaf tin or a 20cm/8″ round cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approx. one hour or until risen and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and keep for two days before cutting.