125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
250ml Soda Water
Freshly ground Pepper
4 Chicken Fillet Breasts - sliced
Oil for deep frying
- Make the batter by putting the flour, egg, soda water and pepper into a bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Dip chicken strips into the batter and fry in hot oil for about 2 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- To serve: place chicken on serving plates and serve with small bowls of Aioli or mayonnaise.
- Add 1 – 4 crushed cloves of garlic (depending on size) to a small jar of mayonnaise and mix well.