- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 200g/7oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
- 125g/4oz Chocolate
- 225g/8oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an oblong brownie tin. 25cm/10” x 15cm/6”. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter or margarine and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, eggs and chopped walnuts.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Cut into heart shapes using heart shape cutter
- Dust lightly with Icing Sugar