225g / 8oz Hearts Delight Wheatmeal
150ml / 1/4 pt Sunflower Oil
200g / 7 oz Soft Brown Sugar
1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
100g packet Chopped Walnuts
4 Eating Apples, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a roasting tin.
- Beat oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence in a large bowl. Add Wheatmeal, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Finally stir in the grated apple and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 30-45 minutes until centre springs back when pressed.
- Cool in tin, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into squares.