Wholemeal Scone Round Ingredients175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 175g/6oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour 25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran 1 Teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda Pinch of Salt 1 x 125g Carton Natural Yogurt 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil 1 Egg 150ml/¼pt Milk
Potato Soup Ingredients1 Level Tablespoon Odlums Cream Plain Flour 25g/1oz Margarine 275g/10oz Potatoes, chopped (weighed after peeling) about 3 average potatoes 1 Stick of Celery, chopped 1 Small Carrot, chopped 1 Small Onion, chopped 400ml/¾pt Stock 150ml/¼ Milk Ground Black Pepper Chopped Parsley to garnish
Wholemeal Scone Round Method
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with flour.
- Sieve the cream flour, salt and soda into a mixing bowl. Add the wholemeal and bran and mix well.
- In a jug beat together the yogurt, oil, egg and milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough. Allow to sit for a few minutes, so bran absorbs some liquid!
- Transfer to a floured surface and lightly knead. Shape into a round about 1″/5cms in thickness. Place onto prepared tin. Bake for about 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. It is baked when tapped underneath and has a hollow sound. Remove from tin and wrap in clean tea towel to cool.
Potato Soup Method
- Place the margarine, vegetables, stock and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and pulp or liquidize the mixture. Blend the flour with the milk and add to the soup, bring to the boil and stir continuously for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve with the buttered scones!