175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g/2oz Icing Sugar
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
100g Packet Ground Almonds
1 level teaspoon Cinnamon
3 Eating Apples (peeled, cored and cut into wedges)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease 23cm/9″ flan dish.
- Sieve flour and icing sugar into a bowl. Rub in the margarine. Add the egg and bring ingredients together to form a dough.
- Turn pastry onto a floured surface and roll into a round to fit into the prepared tin.
- Make filling by creaming the margarine and sugar together. Beat in the eggs.
- Add the ground almonds and cinnamon and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread filling into the pastry case and press the apple wedges on top.
- Bring the loose pastry from the edges onto the filling and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown and “set”.
- Serve hot with custard, cream or crème fraiche