225g/8oz Odlums Cream (Plain) Flour
2 large Bananas (mashed)
4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Good Pinch Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Topping
75g/3oz Cream Cheese
75g/3oz Butter (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
225g/8oz Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a Swiss Roll tin 28cms X 18cms/ 11″ x 7″ with good quality greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Place sugar, bananas, oil and eggs into a large mixing bowl and blend together.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and gently stir until mixture is smooth and ingredients are all blended.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes approx. or until top is golden and a cocktail stick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. This will take about an hour!
- Spread topping on top and cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar. Cover and store in a fridge.
- For topping
- Beat the cheese, butter and vanilla essence together. Then gradually beat in the icing sugar until topping is smooth and spreadable.
- Serving suggestions
- Banana squares are delicious served plain with no topping. They can also be topped with chocolate spread or just dusted with icing sugar.