Ingredients:350g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g/2oz Margarine (room temperature)
150ml/¼ pt milk
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
Rind of Lemon
- Preheat oven to 190°F/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb Loaf tin.
- Put the margarine, milk, eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat well together.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, walnuts and lemon rind. Finally fold in the blackberries.
- Transfer to prepared tin and smooth top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Gently insert a knife into the deepest part of the bread and it should come out clean.
- Turn onto a wire tray to cool.