150g / 5oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g / 2oz Odlums Wheat Bran
300ml / 1/2pt Milk
50g / 2oz Margarine (room temperature)
50g / 2oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
125g / 4oz Shamrock Raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line deep patty tins with Muffins cases.
- Soak the bran in the milk for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the egg, bran and milk. Lightly fold in the flour, baking powder and raisins. The mixture should remain a little lumpy.
- Divide the mixture between the patty tins. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until well risen. Cool on a wire tray.
- Serve warm with butter and marmalade.