Ingredients:225g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
Level teaspoon dry Mustard
50g / 2oz Margarine
125g / 4oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Teaspoon fresh Thyme
150ml / 1/4pt Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Combine flour, sugar and mustard in a large mixing bowl. Rub in the margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add cheese and thyme and mix well.
- Beat the egg and milk together and add to the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened mixture (batter will be very thick).
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or when underneath is tapped and has a hollow sound! Cool in tin for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire tray to get cold.