150g/5oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
50g/2oz Dark Chocolate
125g carton Natural Yogurt
3 Eggs (beaten)
150g/5oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
6 tablespoons Cocoa (sieved)
1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
100g Dried Cranberries
250g/9oz Icing sugar (sieved)
A little Water
100g tub Shamrock Coloured Cherries
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin and place two criss-crossing strips of greaseproof paper in each hole. This helps to remove from the tin!
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a low heat. Cool a little, and then stir in the yogurt and eggs.
- In a mixing bowl place the flour, sugar, ground almonds, cocoa, baking powder and cranberries and mix well. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes approximately. Cool in the tin. Can now be frozen in plastic bags for up to three months, if desired.
- To decorate: Mix the icing sugar with about 2 tablespoons of water to make a thick icing. Remove the muffins from the tin and place on a serving plate, then spoon the icing on top. Decorate with half a coloured cherry. Allow to set.
- Best eaten on the day they are decorated.