Ingredients:175g / 6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g / 4oz Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
75g / 3oz Margarine
150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 20cm/8″ cake tin.
- Put flour, brown sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Rub in the margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Remove about 2 tablespoons of the mixture for topping, and leave it aside.
- Lightly beat the milk, egg and vanilla essence and add to the dry ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, sprinkle reserved flour mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the centre.
- Cool in tin