Ingredients1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 x 250g Packet Shamrock Desiccated Coconut 2 Egg Whites Pinch of Salt
Topping50g/2oz Chocolate 25g/1oz Margarine
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line 2 flat baking trays with a good quality baking parchment.
- Put the condensed milk and coconut into a bowl and mix well. Meanwhile, put the egg whites into a clean dry bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture, slightly apart, on the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until ‘just’ golden brown. Watch them as they do burn easily.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for a few minutes then with a palette knife remove from the paper and place on a wire tray to get cold.
- Melt the chocolate and butter or margarine in microwave and combine with a spoon.
- When macaroons are cold drizzle over the melted chocolate.