- 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 300ml / 1/2 pint Milk
- Oil for frying
- 150ml / 1/4pt Orange Juice
- Rind of 1 Orange Rind and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier, Cointreau or brandy
- 50g/2oz Butter
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When pan is hot, give batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto pan.
- Fry until golden brown, turn and fry other side until brown also.
- Stack crepes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
- Mix the juice and rind of orange, juice and rind of lemon, caster sugar and Grand Marnier together in a jug.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan, pour in the juices and allow to heat gently.
- Place the first crepe in the pan and give it a chance to heat through, then fold in half and then in half again to make a triangular shape. Slide this onto the edge of the pan, tilt the pan slightly so that the sauce runs into the centre! Then add the next crepe and repeat.
- Serve on warm plates straight from pan.
This sauce is sufficient for 4 pancakes.
Why not try some of our other tasty toppings : Shamrock Pecan Nuts, Shamrock Chopped Almonds, Shamrock Chocolate Chips 100g, Rowse Honey