50g/2oz Shamrock Flaked Almonds (toasted)
450g/1lb Strawberries (hulled)
1 Tablespoon Icing Sugar
570ml Carton Fresh Cream
4 Meringue Nests
- Chop half the strawberries and place in a blender with the icing sugar. Whiz it into a puree, then, sieve out the strawberry seeds.
- Cut up the remainder of the strawberries and whip the cream.
- Break up the meringues into small pieces about 2½cms/1″. Place them in a large bowl. Add the chopped strawberries into the bowl and fold in the cream.
- Next, fold in all except 2 tablespoons of the puree to give a marbled effect.
- Place into a serving dish, spoon the rest of the puree over the surface and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.