300g/10oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150g/5oz Butter (room temperature)
150g/5oz Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg (beaten)
Few Drops Vanilla Essence
250ml Carton Fresh Cream (whipped)
Fresh Fruit in Season
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease large flat baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until dough is formed. Wrap and chill for an hour.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 3 – 4mm.Cut with large round cutters of choice. Dip the cutters into flour before each use.
- Arrange them on prepared tins/trays and bake in a central oven position for about 12 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold decorate with a layer of fresh cream and fruit of your choice!