- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
- 200g/7oz Shamrock Muscovado Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 large Bananas (mashed)
- Level Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F/Gas 4. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, level the top with back of spoon and bake in a central oven position for about an hour.
- Cake should be well risen and golden brown in colour. Insert a skewer in centre of cake and it should come out clean.
- Leave cake in tin to ‘set’ for a few minutes then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- Slice thickly to serve!!