225g/8oz Odlums Tritamyl Gluten Free flour
50g/2oz Butter or Margarine
Pinch of Salt
2 Pears (peeled, cored & cubed)
80g Packet Shamrock Walnuts
1 Teaspoon Thyme
3 Tablespoons Milk or Cream
1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
80g Tub Goats Cheese (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease an 18cms/7” flan dish.
- Put the Tritamyl into a bowl and rub in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in the salt. Add sufficient water to mix to a soft dough. Cover with cling film until ready to use.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan, add the pears walnuts and thyme. Allow pears to soften over a low heat, stirring occasionally. When pears are transparent remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the eggs and milk or cream together, stir in the parsley.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of cling film and use to line the flan tin. Put in pear mixture then pour on the liquid and place in a central oven position for about 15 minutes.
- Then place the cheese on top and bake for a further 15 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve warm with a salad.