125g / 4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
125g / 4oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g / 4oz Soya Flour
2 pieces Stem Ginger (finely chopped)
225g / 8oz Raisins
125g / 4oz Linseeds
50g / 3oz Sunflower Seeds
50g / 2oz Pumpkin Seeds
50g / 2oz Sesame Seeds
100g Packet Flaked Almonds
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3/4 Litre Milk
1 tablespoon Malt Extract
2 tablespoons Honey
2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- Pre heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line 2 x 900g/2lb loaf tins.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the milk, malt extract, honey and sunflower oil.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well. Leave to soak for about half an hour. Then spoon into the two prepared tins.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked through. After half an hour, cover bread with a sheet of greaseproof paper to prevent it getting too brown on the outside. Stick a knife into bread and if it comes out clean, the bread is baked.
- Turn out of tin onto a wire tray and allow to cool.
Variation: Bread freezes very well!
Delicious with butter or spread, ideally eat a slice a day.