IngredientsPastry 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 125g/4oz Butter 1 Egg (beaten) 6 tablespoons Water (approx) Filling 4 Heaped Teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard 1 Leek (trimmed, sliced & well washed) 6 New Potatoes or Small Salad Potatoes (washed but skins left on) Pinch Salt 75g/3oz Grated Cheddar Cheese 1 Beaten Egg (to glaze)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line a flat baking tray with baking parchment.
- Cut the potatoes into 3 or 4 pieces each and cook in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the pastry by putting the flour into a mixing bowl and coarsely rub in the butter. Add the beaten egg and sufficient water to mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and roll with a little flour into a rectangle about ½ a centimeter in thickness.
- Cut into 4 pieces, place on the baking parchment and spread each with the mustard.
- Divide the leeks and potato pieces between the pastry pieces, leaving a border all round the edge. Brush edges with the egg and pinch up around sides to form an edging. Brush again with beaten egg and scatter each tart liberally with the grated cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until pastry is golden and the cheese s melted.
- Serve hot with a salad!!