Ingredients:125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour 125g/4oz Margarine or butter (room temperature) 125g/4oz Caster Sugar 2 Eggs (beaten) 50g/2oz Shamrock Ground Almonds Rind of 1 Lemon 2 tablespoons Water Lemon Curd
For Icing200g/7oz Icing Sugar (sieved) 2 tablespoons warmed Lemon Juice (approx) 1 teaspoon finely grated Lemon Rind Few drops Goodall's Yellow Colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line bun tin or cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter or margarine and sugar into a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, ground almonds, lemon rind and water. Mix well
- Finally stir in the flour.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases. Place 1/2 teaspoon of lemon curd on top of each one and roughly swirl in with the tip of a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cooling make the icing: place icing sugar in a bowl, gradually stir in the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you have a smooth thick icing. Mix in the rind and colouring if used.
- Pour or spread onto cakes and top with decoration of choice if liked! Leave to harden.