- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
- 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- A little water, if required
- 450g/1lb jar Mincemeat
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease patty/bun tins.
- Put flour, sugar and ground almonds into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Rub butter through the dry ingredients. Add the egg (and water if required) and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead.
- Cover with cling film and keep in fridge until ready to use. The pastry will keep for about three days.
- Roll pastry on a floured board and cut rounds with a cutter to fit greased bun/patty tins. Put a teaspoon of mincemeat in each and cut a round or star shaped lid from remaining pastry to put on top.
- Brush with milk or egg wash and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and dust with icing sugar before serving.
When made wrap in cling film and keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Uncooked Mince Pies
Wrap the baking bun/patty tin with the uncooked Mince Pies in cling film and freeze. When frozen remove the Mince Pies from the tin and return to the freezer wrapped in a plastic bag. Will keep for up to 6 months
- Cooked Mince Pies
These will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months wrapped in a plastic bag.