Ingredients:225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
1 tablespoon Cocoa, plus extra for dusting
2 teaspoons Coffee Granules
225g/8oz Butter (softened)
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Icing2 x 100g bars White Chocolate
3 tablespoons Milk
175g/6oz Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and base line a deep casserole or roasting tin 28cms x 18cms/11″ x 7″ approx.
- Mix the cocoa and coffee in 2 tablespoons of warm water to dissolve, then put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the other cake ingredients and beat well. Transfer to prepared tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire tray and remove paper.
- While cooling make the icing by melting the chocolate, butter and milk in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove the bowl when melted and beat in the icing sugar. When cake is cold spread icing over the top. Finish with a light dusting of cocoa powder.
- Cut into bars.