225g/8oz Odlums Porridge Oats
225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
50g/2oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut (optional)
1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lightly grease about 2 flat baking trays.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan over a medium heat and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the oats, flour, orange juice and coconut if used.
- Mix well together. Drop dessertspoons of mixture onto prepared tin, keeping them about 2” apart (to allow for spreading).
- Put trays into oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool in tin for a few minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool completely.