275g / 10oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150g / 5oz Margarine
5 - 6 tablespoons cold Water
4 Eating Apples and Mixed Berries
50g/2oz Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
Grated Rind and Juice of 1 Lemon
25g / 1oz Butter
3 tablespoons Honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and lightly grease a 23cm/9″ pie dish.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, add the margarine and rub in until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in just enough cold water to bring to a dough. Form into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for approx 20 minutes.
- Peel core and slice the apples. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, add the apples, mixed berries, lemon rind and juice and stir.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a circle about 30cm /12″ in diameter. Transfer to the prepared dish, leaving the dough hanging over the edge. Fill with the apple mixture.
- Fold in the edges and crimp loosely for a decorative effect. Dot the apples with diced butter.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until the pastry is golden and apples are tender, approx 45 minutes.
- Melt the honey in a saucepan and brush over the apples to glaze.
- Delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream or custard.