350g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
225g/8oz Butter Margarine
225g/8oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
25g/1oz Ground Almonds
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
675g/1½lb Shamrock Sultanas
5 Eggs (beaten)
Juice and Rind of 1 Orange
125g/4oz Shamrock Cherries, washed, dried and halved
125g/4oz Shamrock Mixed Peel
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar together. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the ground almonds, orange rind and juice.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder. Fold into the mixture.
- Stir in the prepared fruit. Place the mixture in a lined 9″ round cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F, 150°C, Gas 2 for approx. 3 hours, checking at intervals after 2 hours.
- Allow cake to cool in the tin.
- When cold, turn out of tin, remove paper. Wrap in double greaseproof paper and foil. Store in a cool dry place.