175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Butter (soft, at room temperature)
175g/6oz Brown Sugar
125g/4oz Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 Egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease 2 flat baking trays or swiss roll tins.
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Next, beat in the peanut butter. Finally, stir in the beaten egg and the flour. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Put teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet (a little apart, to allow for spreading during baking!)
- Bake for 15 minutes, if you like them soft in the middle or for 25 minutes, if you like them crisp.
- When baked, allow to “set” for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire tray to cool. When completely cold, store in an airtight container to keep them fresh.